Note: This project is current a work in progress. This page is likely to change as I progress.
The goal of this project is to build my own personal replica of the DeLorean’s “Time Circuits”, as featured in the Back to the Future movie trilogy. I’ll need to build custom time circuit displays, a custom keypad for changing the date, and screen-accurate enclosures. To make everything function, I’ll need to design and program some embedded circuits to control it all.
- Part 1: Project Planning
- Part 2: Driving the Display Matrix
- Part 3: Researching LED Displays
- Part 4: Sourcing LED Displays
- Part 5: Display Enclosure Specifications
- Part 6: Dimensioning the Display Faceplate
- Part 7: Making the Display Schematic
- Part 8: Designing the Display PCB
- Part 9: LED Standoffs
- Part 10: Controlling the HT16K33
- Part 11: LED Characters
- Part 12: Programming the Display
- Part 13: Assembling Display PCBs