Late last year when I was putting the finishing touches on the McCree Hammershot project, I decided to use a Wii Nunchuk hooked up to an Arduino for the controller’s movement. Although I eventually got it working, I had to try a variety of libraries before I found one that would even read the data properly. Most of them were convoluted, bloated, or poorly documented. Even the library I eventually ended up using was designed for controlling motors with a Nunchuk, not for just reading control inputs.
It’s now many months later, and once again I’m looking to build at least two more projects using extension controllers. So I decided to fix all of these problems and just build my own library.