It’s been about a year and a half since I completed the last site redesign, switching from the stock WordPress “Twenty Sixteen” theme to Anima, by Cryout Creations. Anima has worked well for the time I’ve used it, but it too is starting to feel a bit dated. Rather than keep fiddling with the theme and trying to twist it into something new, I’m jumping ship entirely and switching to a new theme: Hestia.
Nearing the end of 2019, I realized that this website had become a bit of a mess. Posts were scattered all over the place, categories were poorly labeled and poorly organized, and the permalinks had a mind of their own. The website was not set up well for either hosting or sharing my content, and it was making me reluctant to post new things. So I decided to fix it.
It’s been a little over two years since I started this blog to share some of the DIY projects I’ve been working on. In that time I’ve built a ton of cool stuff, including an ambilight, a Nerf gun controller for Overwatch, and a DIY stream deck. This has all been documented in-depth and shared from this blog – which by and large hasn’t changed. It’s time to remedy that and give the blog a much needed coat of paint.